Howdy, I’m Beatrice Tucker (they/them) and I’m keen to be back and running again for Education Officer!
Building a culture of activist activity was never a one-year plan and I have learned in the role this year the material limitations and realistic pace that Education Organising takes.
Next year I’m going to focus on these key areas:
- Building staff/student solidarity particularly in light of the upcoming Enterprise Bargaining Agreement to garner student support for the strikes
- Continuing the momentum against the CASS Course Cuts
- Fighting for student money in democratic student hands
- Developing accessibility activism
- Develop a new group for mobilising around federal, state and external education and welfare issues
- Continuing to build activist culture and skills by learning and doing through struggle.
- Check out my policy here:
Vote  Beatrice Tucker
Vote  Power in Community